Ladies and Gentlemen; charge your recorders

Category: By Rev/Views

As I'm sure you're aware the first episode of the final season of The Shield airs on FX tonight at 10pm (68 mins long apparently). I hope you're ready for this as it's going to be the most gut wrenching ride this side of the falls. There will be a review up tomorrow evening (GMT), which gives people time to view the episode without being hit by spoilers. I will still put it behind a cut mind you.

I'd like to give a warm welcome to a brand new blog in the form of Snark and Fury. There's no content there right now but I can assure you that past writing about television from the author (on his other blog) has always been entertaining so it's one to keep an eye on.

In other Shield related news (all spoiler free unless specifically mentioned otherwise):
Here's a link to Alan Sepinwall's mostly spoiler light review on NJ.com
The teaser trailer on YouTube
A few Publicity stills from season 7
A series of final cuts on FX Networks (should be spoiler free) including a look back at the previous six seasons
TV Squad's and Cinema Blend both have an early look at The Shield (Minor spoilers in each, I didn't read too hard once I realised)

I'll see you back here tomorrow after I've watched the first episode!

 

2 comments so far.

  1. Aaron 2 September 2008 at 17:13
    Thanks for the plug and kind words, I'm hoping to post something up tonight. The hardware and software I've been waiting for has finally arrived.

    As for The Shield, is there any word on when it's going to be broadcast on FX Uk? I noticed that The Wire season 5 is currently showing there.

    Oh yeah, 10pm - is that East Coast time?
  2. Rev/Views 2 September 2008 at 17:31
    No problem man, always happy to plug others.

    I don't know about the FX UK release yet, my guess would be January - but that's an educated one at best.

    As for the time slot, FX don't specify anywhere. I think it's both as they have it down for 10pm till Midnight, that would allow for 10pm in both time zones.

Something to say?