Watching The Wire

Category: , By Rev/Views



Well a while back, when The Wire finished and I watched that enchanting final episode I made a promise to myself that I was going to sit down and review each and every single episode for the show in full from start to finish. The intended trigger point for that (so I could procrastinate a little and practice writing before starting) was the release of the final season on DVD here in Blighty. Well it's happened, it's out (DVD Review coming after I've had a chance to check the extras) and that means I can't delay any longer. Time's up. So starting next Sunday and every Sunday for the next sixty weeks I will watch and review a single episode of The Wire. The intended format will avoid any foreshadowing spoilers and as such it will be written reflecting on just that episode and the events that happened before it. A recap, followed by a list of important details from the episode and then an assessment/review.

I'm actually quite excited about watching the show again and I'm interested to see how it feels when I'm only allowed to watch it once a week. I previously consumed the first three seasons in marathon sittings and it wasn't until the fourth season that I was watching the show as aired.
So check back here next Sunday (6pm - GMT) for the first installment of "Watching the Wire*"

I hope you guys are as excited about this as I am, also do you like the logo?

*I use a lot of W's in my post titles don't I? I wonder why...

 

2 comments so far.

  1. Aaron 7 October 2008 at 15:22
    Interesting, I'm listening to the Adam and Joe Podcast and guest presenter and director Garth Jennings has just claimed that the end of season four of The Wire made him cry.
  2. Rev/Views 7 October 2008 at 20:33
    I was pretty bummed out about it myself, but not that badly.

    It's only the third hardest finale I've ever had to watch.

    For the record they are.

    3. End of Season 4 of The Wire
    2. End of Season 5 of The Shield
    1. The last episode of Six Feet Under

Something to say?