News Bites

Category: By Rev/Views

I don't have much time today so instead of a proper post here's a selection of interesting news from various places.

Times Online has revealed the identity of Top Gear's The Stig, maybe I'm in a minority but I've never been that interested to find out who he really is. Still, if you do care, you can now find out!

Following on from Dead Like Me and Arrested Development, Veronica Mars starring the lovely Kristen Bell becomes the latest cancelled TV show to get a movie. If you've not seen Veronica Mars it's well worth a watch.

I shan't be reviewing it myself (as I gave up watching in season 3), but you can read all about the latest season of 24 over at Dan's Media Digest and Geeky Talk. I don't even watch the show and I consider these must reads.

If you fancy seeing how the British like to butcher good ideas Snark and Fury is writing about 'Demons' so you don't have to watch it.

Or you can head over to The Medium is Not Enough and join in the always fun 'Sitting Tennant' caption contest. I even managed wittiest caption once upon a time.

Reviews of Damages and The Beast's latest episodes arrive on Friday, I might also update something else today if I have the time and an idea strikes me. Until then, does anyone else think the UK should run a reality voting talent show to determine the next Prime Minister? I just need a catchy name and then I could go sell the idea to the BBC.

 

3 comments so far.

  1. Lisa Rullsenberg 21 January 2009 at 13:25
    Always good to see promotion of Sitting Tennant - certainly one of my highlights of weblife! And you have definitely got a knack for captions!
  2. Aaron 21 January 2009 at 14:37
    I did once propose a reality show for the next pope. It was called Pope Idol obviously.
  3. Rev/Views 21 January 2009 at 15:54
    By that logic would my theoretical show be called one of the following?

    Big Minister
    Prime-Factor
    Strictly come Ruling
    Peer Factor
    Britain's Top Minister
    or The Running Man

Something to say?