Still Stuck without Broadband

Category: By Rev/Views

I've had very little progress in the process I'm beginning to call "Please give me back my broadband. Please!" I have a working phone line but still no broadband, this is because the previous occupant of my house had a BT line and I'm with Pipex. Pipex can't do anything until they have the Mac Code for the line, but I don't know it and BT keep giving me the run around when I try to request it. I'm constantly in what can only be affectionately called "Call Centre Catch" where I get passed around from one department to the next and left on call waiting.

Eventually I get to talk to someone who clearly doesn't know what they're talking about, after BT have attempted to sell me their combined package TV/Phone/Broadband deal for the umpteenth time, a deal which is beginning to look more and more promising the more I wait. But BT's service seems to be so terrible that I don't want to cave to this form of passive sales bullying. Pipex on the other hand have always treated me exceptionally well, my account is handled by a single man who calls me to update on the situation. I especially appreciate that there is a name I can put to the person helping me with my problem. It's a service I want to stick with.

So that's the long of it, the short is it'll be a while yet before my Internets is back up and running. I'm sort of missing writing on here, but actually functioning just fine without the Internet otherwise.

There's not much to talk about on the TV related front. I'm looking forward to the Dave Red Dwarf 'finale' with a mixture of anticipation and dread. I'm thrilled the series is getting its end, I'm thrilled that Dave is the channel showing it, but I'm not thrilled about what I've seen so far on TV, online and over at Dan's Media Digest. I have a feeling it is going to be... not good.

Where DVDs are concerned, I'm plugging my way through Monk, a series which alternately entertains and irritates me. I've just started the third season now, it's not bad, if a little predictable at times. But I can see why it's so popular.

I just purchased Curb Your Enthusiasm's Sixth season, which is probably my favourite season. Looking forward to watching it again.

Oh and The Wire is on BBC2 at around 11pm every night. Get on board with this one. It's awesomeness and showing it every night is a fantastic way to watch it, I'd recommend recording it and watching it in 2 - 3 hour stretches when you have the time.

Apologies for the continued service disruption, I've not gone. I've just been... Misplaced.

 

2 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 2 April 2009 at 12:03
    hi

    Have you transferred the line rental at BT into your name? if so then this creates a PSTN cease which will clear off the current markers - removing the need for a MAC.

    Alternatively, pass BT a copy of your council tax proving youre a resident at the property - they will then cease the Broadband for you.
  2. MysterLynch 4 April 2009 at 02:08
    Hang in there!

    I just got my new computer, which is not working properly.

    I have spoken to 9 people so far!

    I have not been this pissed in years.

    I feel your pain.

Something to say?