The plans going forward this year

Category: By Rev/Views

Well, it's another decade - and more importantly I need to settle down into some form of structure on here. I have three major competing forces in my life right now that are eating up my time (well four if you include the need to relax and exercise) and juggling them is the trick I need to pull off.

In essence I've got to find a schedule for writing here which I can stick to and still leave time for other things, as sadly I can't forge a living writing about television, which makes work my number one priority. Number two is a short novel I've been writing on and off for the past few months, it's the only one (of many I've started) which I have any inclination to actually finish writing. I don't know - or care - if it's any good, but it is the first one which I've committed myself to seeing the end of. For better or worse I actually want get to the end of it.

This leaves my poor little blog sat here in third place on the priority list. The issue is I can't write short and punchy posts - I tend to be rather verbose at times, which I'm fine with. But it does mean that I need to figure out a reasonable number of days to update on. Especially if I want to pick up finishing the third season of Watching the Wire - I'm committed to doing so, but it'll be a while yet before it happens.

So for the moment I'm going to be updating three times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. There might be the odd unexpected extra post here and there, but only if I have something I need to write.

So I guess that's it. A rather long winded way of saying Rev/Views will update three times a week and I haven't forgotten about WtW:S3.

Catch you next Monday!

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?