Class Dismissed/Sit Down, Shut Up

Category: By Rev/Views

I'm always on the look out for interesting new programs, especially at this time of year where most of the current stuff is in 'finale' mode and we end up left with almost nothing decent to watch. The first show on my radar is the cartoon remake of an Australian show called Sit Down, Shut Up. Now on the whole I'm not keen on this remake fad that American TV is going through, but I am interested in this as it's been set up and supervised by Mitch Hurwitz, who created the best comedy show ever - Arrested Development. Additionally three of the cast members of that show have signed up to do voices - Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Henry Winkler.

Sit Down, Shut Up will come out in 2009 and will be animated characters over a live action backdrop. It is about the teachers of a school in a small north eastern fishing town and their problems. My mother is a teacher so I already have a good insight into the murky goings on that happen behind the pupils heads. Oh yes, you have no idea about the extra level of interaction, bureaucracy and office politicing that goes on in the average school while the pupils aren't present.

It'll be airing after the Simpsons, which isn't a terrible slot for it to be on. But I'm predicting that Fox will screw the pooch on this show as they don't have a good track record. Regardless, I'm keeping an eye out for it and I'm looking forward to seeing the pilot.

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?