2008 Edgies - Most Attractive Woman

Category: By Rev/Views

I was going to go with sexiest woman, but it's not really the case. Instead of strictly the hottest women on TV it's the women I thought were most desirable, personally. Not to say these women aren't hot. They are, but it's not just the hotness of them that's made my decision. Maybe this is more of a reveal about my taste in women, but heck. Who cares?

OK, enough poor excuses. Here we go!

1. Jenna Fischer as Pam Beesley in The Office

Jenna's character Pam is just lovely, there's no two ways about it. I've been rooting since the start for her and Jim to get together, but I wasn't sure it would happen because the UK version of The Office didn't have any happy ending. It's still not certain the USA version will either, I'm dreading the 'break-up' episode already.

Pam is sweet, thoughtful, talented and has a wicked sense of humour. I always enjoy the way she's so active in her partnership with Jim, especially when it comes to pranking Dwight. Added to this is the wonderfully inappropriate way that Michael Scott (Steve Carrell) acts towards her and her fantastic reactions in the interview sections. "He said what?" still remains one of the moments in the Office that really makes me laugh. A superbly delivered line.


2. Tina Fey as Liz Lemon in 30 Rock

Tina is a fantastic writer/comedienne/actress and her character in 30 Rock, Liz Lemon is just superb. Liz is attractive and smart but intensely geeky and insecure. She's a fantastic character in so many ways, despite being in a position of relative power (running her own show) she's still completely helpless and unable to get her personal life in proper order. Sound familiar? That's one of the things that makes her so attractive to me, she's not only beautiful and funny but she's also very human. With her own problems and insecurities.

I can't help but like someone like that.


3. Cobie Smulders as Robin Scherbatsky in How I Met Your Mother

Cobie is fantastic as Scherbatsky in HIMYM, it's a shame that the series has already run the "Ted and Robin" relationship season because it was utterly fantastic.

This year has seen her more sidelined in the plots, she featured a fair amount at the start of the season but hasn't been in the limelight for a while. Which is a shame because she's incredibly dry in her delivery and makes an excellent foil for Neil Patrick Harris (Barney). The episode where the two of them go out for an evening and she plays as Barney's wing man was cracking.

I'm hoping we'll get another Robin centered storyline sometime in the upcoming weeks. She certainly deserves it.




4. Tara Summers as Katie Lloyd in Boston Legal

Another very sweet charater, Katie's interactions with Jerry are just wonderful. She's completely understanding of his character quirks and accepts him for who he is without any problem. The writers are keeping the friendship between them platonic, but I've never seen a character pairing more suited than these two and I'd love to see them get together. Partly because they're so good on screen together and partly because it would be nice for the writers to give us a functional relationship in that show and also demonstrate that people with Aspbergers can have relationships with normal people just fine.

It also helps that she's excellent in the court scenes too! She can really put across her point in both an impassioned and reasoned manner. She's one of my favourite people to watch in the court scenes.


5. Jacqueline McKenzie as Diana Skouris in The 4400

It's varied from season to season how attractive I've found Jacqueline, very dependant on her haircut. (Don't ask!) But Diana has consistently remained a strong, powerful woman who's able to keep focused in a situation that's frankly a bit out of control.

I'm running out of time so I'll expand on this when I have time...







There may be more later, but right now you'll have to be content with these 5 lovely ladies as I have to dash!

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?